Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Uniqueness of his soul

Dear Jesse, Jordan and Family,

I stand with all of you in your sorrow and I am so very sorry for your loss. I wanted to share the cast photo with you... your Father at the center of it all. Kevin kindly scanned it and uploaded it for me. The photo is of the cast of Macbett, approx. 1982. It was a parody of Macbeth, a comedy by Eugene Ionesco. Jack played Macbett. I was assisting production. Jeff Strickland filled in at the last minute playing all sorts of characters. Nancy Locke produced the play. We were all so young then with, no limits to our dreaming. Jack's smile seems to indicate how happy he was doing what he loved to do. I remember Jack kept us laughing through a difficult production. He was a pro, incredibly charismatic and so much fun to work with. He will be missed by everyone he touched.

I found a passage in a book about grief that I found comforting. I think it describes how we all feel about your Father's passing.

"Life will not go on the same way without him. If it were the same we could only conclude that his life meant nothing, made no contribution. The fact that he left behind a place that can not be filled is a high tribute to the uniqueness of his soul." - Safe Passage

Kindest regards,
Tina Romanus

No comments: